The tertiary education providers comprising the Metro Group (“Metro Group”) are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1993 (“Act”) and will endeavour to protect all personal information that comes into their possession in accordance with the principles of the Act.
- Collection of personal information
The Metro Group will only collect personal information that is voluntarily submitted to it either in person, through email, or through the online forms and surveys contained on this website (“Site”) or where the collection of personal information is authorised by the person to whom the information relates. The collection of personal information could include, but is not necessarily limited to, the following circumstances:
- personal information submitted as a result of a brochure/ prospectus/ information request(s);
- personal information submitted in an online application and/or enrolment form; and
- personal information submitted to lay a query or complaint with a Metro Group member.
The following information will only be collected by our server for statistical and system administration purposes when you visit this Site:
- your browser's internet address;
- your server's address;
- your domain name and IP address;
- operating system;
- date and time of visit to the Site, and the pages you accessed and documents you downloaded; and
- user name entered if you are accessing a restricted area of the Site.
In the usual course of the Metro Group’s business we will not attempt to identify individuals from information recorded by our server. However, law enforcement and other Government agencies may legally require access to this information in the course of an investigation.
- Use and disclosure of personal information
Personal information collected will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected and/or for approved student administration purposes (e.g. information sent to Studylink to verify enrolment for the purposes of student loans and/or allowances; information published in the award handbook during graduation; course-related information sent to enrolled students via text messaging).
Only authorised Metro Group staff will have access to personal information, and no personal information will be disclosed to third parties without the consent of the individual concerned or unless disclosure is required or authorised by law.
- Access to and correction of personal information
You have the right to request access to any of your personal information held by any Metro Group member, and where you believe that such information is inaccurate or requires correction, you have the right to request its amendment.
A cookie, also known as a web cookie or browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on a user's web browser. Cookies are also used to identify visitors when they return to a website, so that certain information already provided by the visitor does not need to be provided again.
If you have any queries or concern about the privacy of your personal information, please contact:
Kara Hiron - Privacy Officer, Manukau Institute of Technology
Page last updated: 8 October 2014